Sunday, August 05, 2007

Honey's New Furrever Home

Honey Boy was officially adopted today by a wonderful woman named Joanna (she wants a lap cat!) and her other cat Lacey. He chastised me all the over to Raleigh but when we got to Joanna's he lost all his bravado. Lacey came up to the carrier and immediately began rubbing up against it in welcome. So we let Honey (now Chester!) out and he took off exploring. Lacey followed him around, occasionally hissing to establish her dominance, but there were no problems other than Honey's shyness. He ended up hiding under the bed. I took him some treats, which he ate, but he wouldn't come out. So the last time I saw the boy, he was cowering in the dark. Not the way I wanted the introduction to go.

So the sweet boy is gone. Joanna has promised to feed him wet food and has extended an open invitation to visit. Lucy is once again an only cat, much to her pleasure. And while I will not miss his 5:00 am wake up calls, I will miss his very loud purring, the way he liked to hold hands, and his willingness to be picked up and hugged anytime I wanted. I hope he is very happy with his new family.

Saturday, August 11. Joanna called to say she was totally in love with my Sweet Honey and that he has a home furrever!

No comments: